2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

Guide to Installing OTA 4.2.2 With Root and Without Root

<< < (2/8) > >>

dominic:
Can you show me how to reboot in TWRP so I can install the download file
Thanks

bjs229:

--- Quote from: dominic on February 14, 2013, 02:40:27 PM ---Can you show me how to reboot in TWRP so I can install the download file
Thanks

--- End quote ---
From off hold the power button and volume down. A menu should appear that will lead you to recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

radiocycle:

--- Quote from: CBers on February 14, 2013, 02:14:33 PM ---What do you need radio?

All I did was download the zip file, rebooted into TWRP (I use Quick Boot to reboot into recovery). Selected install and selected the zip file to install, and swiped the switch to install.

Then, once it booted back up, I restored root in Voodoo Root Keeper and ran SuperSU which reinstalled itself.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

--- End quote ---

Well, I have the notice that the file is downloaded.  But when I am in the recovery, I don't see any zip file.  Is the OTA update a zip file? 

r

bjs229:
Did you dowmnload the file or was it pushed to yuou Over The Air?
The ota update should have been been installed when it arrived. The zip file is only for people that downloaded it to get a head start so to speak. Have you tried to reboot Radio to get the ota again  and install immediately?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

radiocycle:
Oh sure, I've rebooted since the OTA arrived but I don't want to "touch to install" because I'm rooted and I know it won't go through...

r

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version