March 28, 2024, 04:28:54 AM

collapse

Author Topic: "??? would like to chat to you" Where are these notifications coming from?!  (Read 1663 times)

Offline marco772

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hi,
Over the last few days I've noticed I keep getting notifications with a "TALK" icon appearing. When I tap on it it says something along the lines of, "Pinklady27@yahoo would like to open a chat with you". As I have kept my tablet pretty much "non-social", I have no idea where these are appearing from but they are most unwanted!
I tried long pressing and tapping "App Info" and it comes up with Google UI" which sounds quite important so I left it alone!

I've downloaded a lot of apps recently so I assume it's a "crafty" feature of one of these.

Is there an easy way to find out where these are coming from so I can delete the offending app?

Many thanks,
Mark

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Tap on the "Apps" icon at the bottom of the screen, then swipe left until you find the "Talk" application and tap to open. Then tap the three dots in the upper right corner and then tap "Settings". You can then set options for notifications, blocking, and others. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline marco772

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Ahh, thank you. Have disabled everything I can see in the settings so, hopefully, that will solve that! I'll let you know if not. :)

Mark

Offline chessie

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Thanks!  I came here for something else, but I also noticed the same stupid notifications a couple of days ago and was wondering what the heck was going on. Very timely thread!!   :)

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Its a spam not trying to talk to you guys. Gotta be more careful when giving out your email. I wonder if you can just block their user name. Talk is a very nice app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Offline chessie

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Its a spam not trying to talk to you guys. Gotta be more careful when giving out your email. I wonder if you can just block their user name. Talk is a very nice app.

That email address has not been given to ANYONE, other than what was required to set up the google account.  I don't even use that account for anything else.   

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I get those every so often on my phone. I believe they come through on Google messenger. I just block them. Annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts