March 28, 2024, 11:18:26 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Android mini-PC  (Read 20195 times)

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Android mini-PC
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »
Yes, I used PayPal, & I've opened the dispute resolution process. It's an open & shut case, as far as I'm concerned. Seller has my money, and I have no product.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in  Scion xB)

Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »
Hope it is as painless as possible Bird.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »
I've been playing with one of these for a couple of weeks: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart-Prometheus-Amlogic-M6-Dual-Core-Android-4-1-Jelly-Bean-TV-Box-1GB-RAM-4GB-ROM-1-5GHz-CPU-Wifi-3D-XNMC---Black-313667.html

It's more expensive than the MK808 but it's pretty cool looking and works well for me.  I also have the RC11 airmouse/keyboard and it works great for being able to operate the device from across the room.

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
how does XBMC work on it ?  Can you install all the 'usual' channels and have them output to the TV ok ?

Offline strollin

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
XBMC works OK on it, not sure what you mean by the "usual channels".  I really don't care for XBMC so after seeing that it worked OK, I uninstalled it.

I've tried XBMC on Windows, Linux and Android and don't see what the hubbub is regarding it as it just seems to add an additional software layer that's not needed.  I prefer to use a video player app to play vids, a music player app to play music, a picture viewer to view pics, a weather app to check the weather, etc... don't need all those rolled into a single app with a terrible interface.

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
XBMC works OK on it, not sure what you mean by the "usual channels".  I really don't care for XBMC so after seeing that it worked OK, I uninstalled it.

I've tried XBMC on Windows, Linux and Android and don't see what the hubbub is regarding it as it just seems to add an additional software layer that's not needed.  I prefer to use a video player app to play vids, a music player app to play music, a picture viewer to view pics, a weather app to check the weather, etc... don't need all those rolled into a single app with a terrible interface.

As far as those particular media types and locations, you have a point just not much of one.  However, there are a host of additional streamed media coming from the web as well as transformations to the streams for compatibility that you do NOT mention.  A media server like Plex (an XBMC fork) can change a flash sourced stream to something more compatible to the Flash incompatible destination device on the fly via alternative means as well.  For example Plex can take a HD 1920x1080 MKV w/ dolby 7.1 sound file and tranform the output into one that is designed to be played on a WIFI connected Android phone or tablet while the same file is served to an HD TV over the LAN and an old 4:3 TV via HDMI.  All that is aside from the fact that XBMC or Plex can be run from alternate devices like a Roku or be directed at DLNA or UPnP devices that those apps just may not see and can not serve media to.

So, yes, you just don't see.

Offline strollin

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »
...  So, yes, you just don't see.
OR - I don't need or want to stream that Flash content!  Regardless, XBMC isn't useful to me.

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2013, 11:08:20 PM »
The seller refunded my money for the mini-PCs. Now I have to start shopping all over again.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in  Scion xB)

Rooted Nexus 7

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2013, 11:17:51 PM »
Good to hear Bird. I wonder why there was a problem to begin with?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2013, 12:03:42 AM »
I live on a street that is often misread as either W I St or W 1st St.  Maybe something got lost in the translation to/from Chinese, or the postman had a bad  day? 

Rooted Nexus 7

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
I placed my order for 3  MK808 B mini-PCs yesterday.  3 for the price of 4 doesn't seem like much of a bargain, but these have bluetooth, & the seller is legitimate. The best price I can find for MK808s (sans bt) is $49.

Sent from my rooted MK808 using Tapatalk 2

Rooted Nexus 7

Offline birdastrompgman

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
My 3 mini-PCs  arrived Monday. They're rooted, with basic software installed, & ready to ship to my kids.

Sent from my rooted MK808 using Tapatalk 2

Rooted Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts