April 18, 2024, 05:39:10 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Google now cards not showing up?  (Read 4114 times)

Offline quicksilvr530

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Google now cards not showing up?
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
hey everyone
So i just got my nexus 7, and it's awesome. but no cards on google now show up. I have weather set to automatically show up, but no matter what i do, i can't see the card. Does anyone know whats wrong/how to fix this?

Thank you!

the voice search and everything works fine, just no cards

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Google now cards not showing up?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »
hey everyone
So i just got my nexus 7, and it's awesome. but no cards on google now show up. I have weather set to automatically show up, but no matter what i do, i can't see the card. Does anyone know whats wrong/how to fix this?

Thank you!

the voice search and everything works fine, just no cards

So when you go into your app draw and select the blue G icon, your Google Now cards do not populate?
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline ppearce43

• Popularity: 1
  • It's Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »
Are you talking about the sample cards that Google provides in the 7?  Once you Enable one of them as a card you want to see, it'll show up.  More will show up after time if your have Enabled them.  To see them, press  the Home icon at the bottom, and slide upward.
I may not be understanding you, if not, I apologize for giving you info you may already be aware of.
Cheers!

Offline uk_mal

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
It sounds like I'm having a similar problem to the OP. Let me see if I can clarify things a little:

My Nexus 7 isn't showing cards when I'm at home. As far as I can tell I have all the location / history settings setup correct (f you continue reading you'll see why I made this assumption!). No matter what I do, when I'm home the default cards will not show up, even through, like the OP, I have at least the weather card set to "Always". Despite this, it never shows up, at least when I'm connected to my home network. I've tried resetting my Google Now to no avail. Cards, including the weather card, will show up correctly after searching in Google Now, and voice search is working great.

The reason I'm assuming I have my Nexus 7 set up correctly is that whenever I'm connected to another WIFI network (ie, my work network), the weather card shows up as expected. From this I'm inferring that it's actually nothing to do with my Nexus 7, and is due to a quirk somewhere in my WIFI setup / internet connection.

If others are experiencing a similar problem to me, try connecting to a different WIFI network, and see if that helps. If it does, please let me know, as it would be great to narrow down the cause of this issue. If you've come up with a solution let the people of the internet know below, or, if not, post the details of your home internet connection. Let's see if we can find something in common between our connections!

My connection details are as follows:

ISP: BT
PACKAGE: BT Infinity Unlimited
ROUTER: BT Home Hub 3

Alex
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:55:57 PM by uk_mal »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime