March 28, 2024, 06:48:09 PM

collapse

Author Topic: New to Android. How do I retrieve downloaded items?  (Read 1432 times)

Zell

New to Android. How do I retrieve downloaded items?
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
I'm trying to download some wallpaper to my N7.  I press and hold the image and then it asks me to download it into Downloads.  I tap yes then check my Downloads file and nothing is there.  Help, please.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: New to Android. How do I retrieve downloaded items?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »
It might save the images to the Download folder on the file system, not sure.  Download ES File Explorer File Manager from Google Play and you should be able to browse the file system and see if your images are in the /Download directory.  I know on my Kindle Fire that's how it works, and from there I can set Images as Wallpaper directly from the File Manager app.

I'll test this tonight after I get home from work... I have the N7 with me, but it's not online so I can't download anything now :-/

Zell

Re: New to Android. How do I retrieve downloaded items?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
I think I've figured out where downloaded pictures go.  It looks like the "Gallery" file is where they end up, which is fine.  Now I just need to save that image from the web -- which is wallpaper specifically for the N7 -- as wallpaper on my N7.  However when I save it as wallpaper I get an image that is not the same size and picture quality as the image from the web.  What I do get is a portion of the image that has been blown up for some reason.  The device allows me to modify the parameters of the image to fit the screen but only to a very small degree so that, as I say, I'm getting only a small section of the image that's blown out of proportion that's saved as my wallpaper.  How do I set an image as wallpaper to fit the N7's screen?  Again, this is supposed to be wallpaper fitted specifically for the N7.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman