March 29, 2024, 06:16:09 AM

collapse

Author Topic: COMPATIBLE BABY MONITOR APPS?  (Read 1132 times)

Offline NeilWaggy

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
COMPATIBLE BABY MONITOR APPS?
« on: March 02, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
Hi there

Can anyone tell me if there are any baby monitor apps compatible between the nexus 7 and iPhone please? (Doesn't necessarily have to be an app if there are better methods)..

If there are and are many which is/are the best ones?

thank You

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: COMPATIBLE BABY MONITOR APPS?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
Do you have an existing system that you are trying to monitor, or are you doing research to see what would be best for your situation?

There are a couple methods, but the baby monitor specific route is more expensive.  Of course theres no price you can put on a baby's well being, but I prefer the alternative method.  If you buy a baby monitor that has an app, the video feed will be exclusive to that app, and you have to pay a bit more for additional cameras that are matched to the frequency.  I prefer using a wireless IP camera. 

You can set up any wireless IP camera with sevaral apps that are universal across all smartphones and tablets.  They are secure video feeds and offer more options.  You can link multiple cameras together and even use cameras with built in pan and tilt.  My brother has a setup that he can monitor the baby in the crib with infared lighting while he sleeps.  If he rustles, the app can alert him.  He can also speak through the two cay communication built into the camera to calm the baby.  Works well with the cats while he's away too.  He has four cameras that he can control remotely to monitor the entire house.  I've been thinking about doing this myself.  One app that comes to mind is IP Cam Viewer.  Most wireless IP cameras will let you know what the recommended app and compatability is.  I would do some research on the cameras that have the features that you are looking for and the associated apps. 

Offline mikbak

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:15:29 AM »
Hi there

Can anyone tell me if there are any baby monitor apps compatible between the nexus 7 and iPhone please? (Doesn't necessarily have to be an app if there are better methods)..

If there are and are many which is/are the best ones?

thank You

Ipcam viewer. By choi use it on my nexus 7, zte blade and ipad . Try the light before buying ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.ipcamviewer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yY3JlYXRpb25zLmlwY2Ftdmlld2VyIl0.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
You can use Google Hangouts and just invite yourself. If you have an old phone or laptop with a camera you are set. Instant baby monitor.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts