March 29, 2024, 06:01:47 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Updating SuperSU binaries  (Read 6476 times)

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Updating SuperSU binaries
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »
Yes, this command will work with any custom recovery.  Any version is renamed to recovery.img and flashed to the recovery partition.  fasboot flash [partition] [local file name].  The fastboot flash command can be used to flash any partition.  You can use a an [adb pul] command to pull a file off a partition from another device and flash it to any other compatible device.  It you bork your boot partition, you can just fastboot flash it back.  Same with recovery. Any toolkit uses the same commands.  They just build a script that runs them and they put in the other commands to insert pauses like wait for device to boot or wait for user prompt.   

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:26:11 PM by loociddreemr »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »
quote by LoocidD
Just as an example, heres why it was easier for me to use the commands and not an app or toolbox.  I wanted to restore my Nandroid to a completely reformatted stock device.  If you use wugfresh, it installs TWRP.  My Nandroids are the CWM blobs/dup version.  So either way I would have to set up the account profile and wifi password on the device and enable the usb debugging to install the proper binaries for SU and go to the play store and dowload an app just to flash a compatible recovery.  Or I can use [fastboot oem unlock] (unlocks the bootloader) then [fastboot flash recovery recovery.img](flash CWM) then [fastboot reboot-recovery]. From here its [adb push clockworkmod/ mmt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod] to push the Nandroid to the device. Once that completes, while still in recovery I can restore my already rooted Nandroid with all my apps and settings, all without booting the device and reentering the info.
This example should be stickied somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »
Yes, a separate adb/fastboot section. I believe the adb push/pull is called nandroid backup because each of the nand chips are copied this way. The first nand might=recovery, then system and others are each on a different chip or partition.

The newest version of adb now has a sideload command. It's not linux, more like dos commands.

The hardest part is typing the long name of an image file, which the toolkits automate with point and click gui.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
I'll move it to a new thread in a bit. Good idea...

Sent From my Razr Maxx(stock .211, waiting for the MFN soak test) via Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman