March 28, 2024, 09:45:08 AM

collapse

Author Topic: screwed up  (Read 1259 times)

Offline hw61

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
screwed up
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »
okay i was using goomanger to flash a rom to my nexus 7 wi-fi and everything went good till i pressed flash and after that a bunch of option came on and the idiot i was i pressed boot loader and recovery it rebooted  when it finished all my downloaded apps rooted and unrooted apps were missing it went back to stock on home screen  tablet works fine its still rooted according to root checker . is there anything that i can do to restore everything ? :-[

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: screwed up
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
You should always do a Nandroid backup before flashing new ROMS, because losing all your data is an expected outcome.

Did you set up Google to  backup your apps and data?  If you did, Settings>Backup and reset should help.  Otherwise, go into Google Play Store, click on the down arrow near the upper right corner, and then click on the All tab and reinstall all your apps manually.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in  Scion xB)

Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: screwed up
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »
Everything went good until you flashed the ROM. Sorry but that is kind of funny. The way you put it I mean.
Always have a backup. Its not the worst thing in the world having to reinstall apps and you learned a valuable lesson. It probably couldn't hurt now that you are wiped to go back to plain root stock and install everything fresh and do a backup for safe keeping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts