March 28, 2024, 04:11:38 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Tube Mate Debate  (Read 2822 times)

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Tube Mate Debate
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:29:30 PM »
Just discovered a killer app. I found an old Van Halen show that I went to when I was a kid at the Philadelphia Spectrum. RIP. The album is called Martial Law. I found the concert on YouTube. Then I was thinking how to listen natively thru a better sounding application.It is just audio. No Vid. Did a little research and found a couple apps which looked good to accomplish what I wanted. To my dismay they were all taken down from the Google Play store.  I stumbled upon Tube mate. This thing is awesome. It will download the video and or convert the audio to mp3 if so desired. Perfect for portable audio. You can change the video formats as well.
 I have noticed that there is a struggle between certain type apps and the Play store. TV Portal ,Best Tube, an occasional tether app has been known to get pulled and then replaced. Foxfi comes to mind.
Question is ..Is it legal to download a video from a public site like YouTube? Is watching a TV show on TV Portal against the law or is Google just playing it safe? If it is unsavory how do these apps make it to marketplace and why don't we hear more about the clarity of the laws. I understand that downloading /stealing the Metallica Discography from Piratehunt torrentland is illegal and unethical but is this in the same category?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Tube Mate Debate
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29:12 PM »
The programs that I have seen for PC's that record audio from YouTube and Internet radio are exempt from the Digital Millennium Copywrite Act because they record through analog rather than digitally copying the audio. I agree it is a loophole and up to the individual to determine if it is ethical or not.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 08:21:05 PM »
That is great info Prime. Thanks.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »
If your asking morally about I say if there is no where to buy it than you should download it. If their being lazy and not even giving you the option than its their fault. If you can buy it though morally I think you should if its not outlandish.

Legally it depends on a few things. Was it legal for it to be posted to youtube to begin with?  Is it out of copyright?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:47:01 PM »
Its a bootleg. A fan recorded it .Never was sold. It was privately recorded and passed around over the years.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 10:02:43 PM »
Its a bootleg. A fan recorded it .Never was sold. It was privately recorded and passed around over the years.

I wouldn't worry bj I would just rock out. I would look at it case by case for the future.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
I believe it's against You Tube T&C's to download anything from the site using a downloader or hacked application...
That is what I thought .
Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:09:57 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts