March 28, 2024, 08:14:03 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: "Hungry Shark Evolution'  (Read 6791 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: "Hungry Shark Evolution'
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »

I thought I'd switch things up this week and post the weekly game review today since I was at a conference Friday and couldn't post. Now anyone that knows me knows that I've got a strange fascination with anything ocean related.  I was brought up spending summers on my father's boat and for a while considered a career in oceanography.  So anytime I can get my hands on an app, screensaver or game that's remotely nautical in nature I'm bound to give it a whirl.  Unfortunately, I'm usually disappointed since pulling off water effects and physics is a fairly difficult thing to do...especially while creating an enjoyable, engaging game.  I was in for a surprise then when I fired up this week's spotlight...'Hungry Shark Evolution'.  It's an underwater title that surprised me in a good way. Here's a look...

Features:
✔ Console quality 3D graphics
✔ 5 Shark species to grow & upgrade
✔ Unlock Baby Sharks & other awesome extras!
✔ A huge free-roaming world to terrorise
✔ Intuitive touch or tilt controls
✔ Sunken treasure to discover
✔ Many weird & wonderful creatures to eat
✔ 45 missions to complete
✔ A clockwork robot gibbon
✔ Facebook social features

Looks pretty cool, doesn't it?  In 'Hungry Shark Evolution' you control your shark starting out as a tiny pup and growing into a 10 ton Great White!  Your shark feasts on everything from sea creatures and turtles to swimmers and fisherman.  It's not as easy as it sounds though as you have to battle enemy sharks, submarines and other dangerous underwater creatures.  You complete missions and find treasure to earn coins.  You then can increase your shark's abilities and upgrade to different sharks including a Mako Shark, Hammerhead, Tiger Shark and of course the Great White!  Now there is a bit of blood and guts shown in the gameplay so the squeamish beware.  For those who can stomach it...it's definitely worth the free download so hit the link and get chomping!  Spielberg and 'Bruce' would be proud!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:41:21 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline MrFound

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: "Hungry Shark Evolution'
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »
i looooooooove it lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »
Haha! I'll use this for inspiration. My dad and I are restoring an old boat, and he's airbrushing Bruce on the bow...

Sent From my Razr Maxx(W.K.Y.A.98.72.16.XT912.v3.4-R3Ds) via Tapatalk 2

Offline MrFound

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
Haha! I'll use this for inspiration. My dad and I are restoring an old boat, and he's airbrushing Bruce on the bow...

Sent From my Razr Maxx(W.K.Y.A.98.72.16.XT912.v3.4-R3Ds) via Tapatalk 2

looooool

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts