April 16, 2024, 07:15:13 AM

collapse

Author Topic: nexus 7 in the wild  (Read 1341 times)

Offline bradyfix

• Popularity: 2
  • "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
nexus 7 in the wild
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
 We were all excited about the new nexus 7,  we got to play with it for a week or two, we got to flex your muscles by submitting screenshots and sharing app information. let's see yours in the wild, show us what you're doing with your new best friend. ;D

Here is mine after my evo4g battery was running low, I switched over to my 16 gig N7 to play my mp3's, how long did my battery last? At a full charge it used 5% in 4 hours and had 94% life left. 8)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: nexus 7 in the wild
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:41 AM »
That's some pretty impressive battery life!  If my calculations are correct that would mean you could get almost 67 hours of music from a charge!
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Zell

Re: nexus 7 in the wild
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
I've not played any music or games or movies on mine but have used it a lot for web surfing -- which is why I got it.  So far it looks like I'm getting good battery life (I'm not sure what I should be getting for just web surfing) but not anywhere near like you are with music.  My battery chart says most of my charge is going toward the display.  I have turned down the back-light to help.  I do charge it overnight so I have a full battery for the next day but at the end of the day I have only 20-25 percent left.

I'm wondering if you turn off your Wifi when you play music?  Wifi takes a lot of juice.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:48:44 PM by Zell »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts