April 19, 2024, 02:01:40 PM

collapse

Author Topic: bluetooth mouse recommendations  (Read 1420 times)

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
bluetooth mouse recommendations
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »
Hi...

I can't believe how difficult it is to find a decent, working bluetooth mouse.

I have the Targus Bluetooth Comfort Laser Mouse and it worked great for a few months. Now it pairs and works when it feels like it, not necessarily when I need it!

Then I did a bit of online searching and bought a Kensington Sure Track bluetooth mouse. Took a bit to get it paired (driver had to be installed) but then it worked perfectly -- the first time. The second time I tried to use it, it simply would not pair. The red light on the top of the mouse blinked forever and that was it. In the box it went and shipped back to Amazon for an instant refund.

So, anyone have a tried and true bluetooth mouse that they can recommend? One that works out of the box, and continues to work every time they use it? Need not just a brand name but a model number as well, since most manufacturers have multiple models.

How difficult is it to make a bloody bluetooth mouse?

Cheers,
- martyh

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: bluetooth mouse recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »
I have several of these: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Bluetooth-Wireless-Android/dp/B002G9J3MO which I have used with my Droid Razr phone, N7, desktops, laptops, netbooks and Android mini-PCs.  Anything with any kind of Bluetooth whether it is built-in or one of those cheapo Bluetooth dongles.  You only need to pair it with any device once, after that the mouse works fine as long as the battery is good.  Depending on how much they're used, the batteries are good for a couple of months.  Even when the batteries are replaced, the mouse doesn't need to be paired again, just turn it on and it connects, no problem.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:50:22 AM by strollin »

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Re: bluetooth mouse recommendations
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
Thanks, strollin, I'll check into this Dell mouse; a quick scan of the link -- looks pretty good. Thanks again.
Cheers,
-mh

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt