March 28, 2024, 01:57:29 PM

collapse

Author Topic: New Yahoo Mail for Nexus7  (Read 3040 times)

Offline anken32

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
New Yahoo Mail for Nexus7
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:28:33 AM »
Hi, I have used  the reg. Yahoo Mail on my N7 for some time but now have downloaded the Yahoo Mail App for Android. It has many nice features. What I like most of all is that now I can empty the Spam and Trash Folders with one tap.
My problem is that the only way I can see my Contacts is to start a new "Message" . Somehow it synced my contacts twice.  There is no way I can see how to delete the duplicates and edit my contacts.  Have gone through all of the settings I can see but somehow must have missed something....
After the download, everything pretty much installed itself because I have used reg. Yahoo Mail before on my Nexus. I would like to find a way to get to the setup because I want to make sure that SSL is enabled.
Does anybody know how to edit the Contact List in Yahoo Mail for Android?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: New Yahoo Mail for Nexus7
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Have you tried going into Nexus Settings/accounts and click on Yahoo? Any options? Not sure cause I don't have the app but worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »
Thank you for your suggestion. It sounded like a great idea.  Unfortunately, the only option in settings - yahoo is to sync.
Yahoo Mail has a big selection of files on the left side of the page but no contacts. This would be a serious flaw...It just has to be somewhere in order to be able to edit the contacts. BTW,on the bottom of the list is "Settings" and yes, SSL is enabled.
Anyway, thanks again for your help and if you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it very much.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:16 AM »
It looks like it pulls your contact list from your Yahoo Mail account kept on its server.  So go into Yahoo Mail from your PC or laptop, make sure you're in Classic mode, click on the Contacts tab, and click on the Fix duplicate entries choice.  I bet that will fix what shows on your N7.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 03:15:26 AM »
I tried the Yahoo mail app once and did not like it, but if I remember correctly it used the contract list from your Nexus 7, therefore if you have the contacts on your Nexus 7 set to show "All accounts" you would be showing "Device Contacts" and "Yahoo Contacts" and any contacts in both lists would show as duplicates. If I am correct removing the Yahoo account from your choice of shown accounts in contacts on the Nexus 7 should eliminate your issue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
Thank you both for writing.  In the "People" Folder, I deleted the 2. email account (Yahoo)  and that did the trick. It took away all of my duplicates in Yahoo Mail Contacts.  I'm still unable to edit them though....Have read somewhere that editing them is not possible on the N7  and has to be done on the computer.
I like the app. but this is a definite drawback....
Anyway, thank you both for your suggestions.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »
Download "Contact Editor Free" from Google Play and when you try to edit a contact again choose to always use Contact Editor and you should be able to edit without any problems.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.android.contacts

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline SheerluckSherlock

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:28 PM »
If I understand you correctly the only way to edit contact info in the app I know of is way screwed up. When your in your inbox select the 'square and pen' symbol in the top right of your screen like you were going to write an email. This should take you to a 'new message' screen where theres a purple and white 'plus' button in the top right. Press that button and this should take you to a 'choose contacts' screen. Select the contact you want to edit and press 'done' in the top right corner of the screen. This should take you back to the 'new message' screen. Look at the 'To' field it should have a gray/silver bar button with the contact name inside of it and long press it. This should bring up a menu with the contacts name at the top and a list of options under it. Select 'view contact details' and this should bring you to a contact details screen. In the top right corner you should see 'edit' and press it. This should bring you to the 'edit contacts' screen your looking for. If anybody knows an easier way in app please let me know because this is a pain. Hope this helps.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
Whow, Sheerluck Sherlock!!  It was very, very helpful!  I have been trying to figure this out for some time....
Also, I have downloaded Contact Editor, S.Prime and will give it a try, because it looks like it would speed things up a bit.
Most of all, thank you both for the very helpful information!!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »
That would take me 15 weeks to go thru all that.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts