March 28, 2024, 12:48:18 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Why is all this stored on my nexus/  (Read 1494 times)

Offline little duck

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Why is all this stored on my nexus/
« on: March 29, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »
When looking through the task manager and opening android--data--com.firestudio--files, I find literally hundreds of icons labelled Panel A1 up to Panel F99, these are all film stills.
Then I get to A number of icons marked Shared Movies, these will not open.
Next comes Thumb nail User Online which are more film stills, then User Online which seem to be portrait photos some captioned "wire image", and finally YTHotNewly which are more film stills.
Where did they come from, and should I delete them as they must be using a lot of space.  ???

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Why is all this stored on my nexus/
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:44:56 PM »
I am assuming that you mean file manager instead of task manager and that you have Music Tube by Firestudio installed. If I am correct you can go to Settings - Apps - Music Tube and select clear file and data and you should see the files erased. If you are concerned about the size of the folder named "files" long press on the "file" folder in any file manager and tap properties and you will see the size of the folder.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline little duck

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »
Thanks for that, it good to know that I can delete them en bloc, but could you help me understand why they are there, what purpose do they serve?

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »
I don't use this application but I would imagine these are an image cache, lots if apps use a cache as it helps the OS find things quicker. Most of these are very small in size shouldn't take up too much space overall on your internal storage.

Sent from my AOKP Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
Information in sent through the internet in packets or bundles and then it is assembled by your computer, tablet, phone, etc., to provide video and/or audio. Your device's playback application will buffer these packets so as to provide smooth play. If your video or audio pauses, then the buffer has been depleted and your application is waiting for the buffer to replenish. The files you are seeing are the buffer and the application will manage the buffer as is required, if the app is functioning correctly.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman