March 28, 2024, 04:02:46 AM

collapse

Author Topic: weird issues  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Melliejoy

• Popularity: 0
  • I void warranties, for fun I mean science...
    • View Profile
weird issues
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
So this evening began like no other, until a few strange issues started plaguing my Nexus 7. Firstly the owner picture won't update. of course I've restarted my rooted device (no custom ROMs or anything) but to no effect. secondly I can no longer add Widgets to my homescreen. a few were successful but now whenever I try to add one it takes me to the associated app or link, and then back to the widget/app drawer.

Any ideas?

Good stories are not made, but born. To watch one awaken at your fingertips is a gift of indescribable proportions.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: weird issues
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:27:19 PM »
Do you have a backup of when you first rooted? Might have to go there. Have you installed or done anything new or out of the ordinary recently that might be the culprit? I usually look at what i have installed or uninstalled in the last week and start there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »
The owner picture is part of Google Plus right? What happens when you try and update it? Errors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »
Long press the photo in settings/users to change it. I don't know, is there a memory limit for installed widgets? Delete some and try again. Anything listed under device administrators?

Offline Melliejoy

• Popularity: 0
  • I void warranties, for fun I mean science...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:55 PM »
Hey guys thanks for your replies. Interestingly enough the widget issue has resolved itself. I tries deleting a couple of widgets and then re-adding them and everything worked smoothly after that. (I only had two per screen but oh well.. )
As for the owner picture I went into my Google plus app and found it had been disables (I'd been logging in via the website) and when I re-enabled it the photo updated.

Thanks again for your help guys. :)
Good stories are not made, but born. To watch one awaken at your fingertips is a gift of indescribable proportions.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman