March 28, 2024, 09:45:25 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Personalize Google News  (Read 860 times)

Offline Dano13

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Personalize Google News
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Please excuse the bloody forehead as I have been slamming my head against the wall for about an hour.

Here is an easy question - How the HECK do you personalize google news on the nexus 7??????  On a PC it is dead easy.  Click personalize and away you go.  For some unholy reason it is different on the nexus 7.  First you have to scroll to the LEFT to access the hidden personalize option.  Wow - great (that only took 20 min of trial and error).  But unfortunately it STILL behaves differently.  You can add article types or delete them, but for some reason you can't edit the frequency of these types of articles.  Why in the name of all that is holy would you make it different?

Anyway - I didn't see it under advanced settings either.  I am just frustrated that something that should take 2 seconds is so convoluted and obscure.  Hopefully some kind soul will help me here.

Thanks.

Offline engineer

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Personalize Google News
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:41:44 PM »
Talk to Google! They are the ones that create what appears on a computer vs what appears on a tablet and their functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Personalize Google News
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 06:48:27 PM »
Welcome.
If it is that time consuming and hard to figure out, and the subject has not been discussed here, Google search goes a long way. PC and mobile/tablet apps have different UI/GUI. Mail is a good example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:50:52 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt