Nexus 7 General Forums > The Lounge: Off Topic Forum

What do you want to see at Google I/O in two weeks?

(1/3) > >>

JayJ:
Google's huge press even, I/O is just over two weeks away now so what would you like to see on May 15th 2013?

Speculation on the web has the following as hot contenders to be announced at I/O...

The next Android update, will it be Key Lime Pie whether that be 5.0 or not or will we still have Jelly Bean and Android version 4.3?
I believe we could well be seeing a newer version if Jelly Bean and I think it's a good thing, hopefully Google can improve in JB before releasing KLP and the also talk of a PDK (Platform Development Kit). This is another step in the right direction for Google and can only b a good thing in helping OEM's update Android for their respective devices quicker and should help resolve some of Android fragmentation.

A unified messaging application, codenamed Babel and possibly even called Babel although my money is on it being a replacement of GTalk unifying G+ messenger, GTalk, SMS messaging and possibly although not yet Google Voice?

A Google gaming service. This was found mistakenly released with Glass, could Google be ready to release a service similar to XBox Live or iOS Game Centre?
There's even the possibility of Google unifying it's existing games for Chrome, Google+, Native Client Games and Android games?

Google News is possibly a new service coming to Google Play, we already have Apps, Music, Books, Magazines so why not a Newspaper service too?

The update to this forums main subject, yes the 2nd generation Nexus 7 is very likely to be announced at I/O 2013 and whether it has a smaller bezel, higher screen resolution, Snapdragon CPU, rear facing camera, Android 4.3 or 5.0 I'm sure it'll be a good seller just like the first generation.

And finally, Motorola and the so called X-Phone. We could possibly not see this at all at I/O, Google and Motorola could possibly release this later in the year, possibly just before Christmas.

A Nexus 4 LTE 32GB or the Nexus 5??

I love my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 but I love Android and what Google is doing with Android at the moment. The inclusion of these points would make Android even more superior to iOS, Windows Mobile 8 and any other mobile OS but even if some of these points made it to I/O and Android I'd be a very happy Android fan.

What do you think and what would you like to see?

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4

1stGen16GB:
Nexus 5 with LTE, 1080p, smaller bezel, better camera and better processor

Basically a nexus phone with S4 specs. I'm probably going to buy an S4 in a few weeks and install cyanegenmod just to have vanilla

95-thuren equipped

JayJ:
I highly doubt the Nexus 5 will make an appearance at I/O, I think Google will keep that for later in the year along with Android KLP...

I hear nothing but bad things about the S4...
It's over bloated, the 16GB model only has 8.8GB of internal storage because of the Samsung propitiatory applications taking up internal storage. Yes you can add an SD card but that's not the point.
It's cheap feel, Sammy do love their plastic and personally I want a premium feel to my device.
It's laggy... Touchwiz anyone... and ugly UI... Touchwiz anyone...

I couldn't own another OEM device after owning a Nexus, I wouldn't say I won't ever own another Samsung device because they may do another Nexus one day but I wouldn't own a Samsung with Touchwiz...

Just my personal opinion mind and each to their own, one of those great things about Android... choice...

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4

1stGen16GB:
I too dislike touch wiz which is why i mentioned cyanegenmod so it would be pure android

95-thuren equipped

JayJ:
If you want to buy an S4 that's your choice....

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version