March 29, 2024, 03:02:33 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Straight Cord Car Charger With IC Chip+LED For $6.99  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Now here's an accessory item I've found to be really useful and I bet a lot of you haven't thought of it.  It's a car charger for your Nexus 7 that lets you charge or use your tablet while in the car without worry of running out of battery power just buy plugging it into your car's cigarette lighter.  Particularly useful when using your Nexus 7's GPS for navigation or for a passenger using it to watch movies or surf the web if you have a HSPA+ model.   

Now I've gone through several car chargers over the years for various phones and tablets and there's a few things I look for when buying one, especially for a tablet.  First off, while those spiral twisty cords might look nice and save space, I've found that over time the pressure it puts on the Micro USB connection on the tablet by pulling down on it actually will either ruin the cord, ruin the connector or both.  Therefore I prefer a 'straight cord' charger so that tension isn't there. 

Next I want my charger to have a specialized IC chip built in that is able to detect when my tablet is fully charged so that it can go into 'standby mode'...oh and I want a bright LED indicator light to show me this too so that I'll get visual notification of when my tablet is all charged up.  Next...I want something that's inexpensive because as much as we try to buy quality gear inevitably cables occasionally go bad...although the 4mm thick cord here should last longer than many of the less flimsy ones.

The SM Wireless Nexus 7/Nexus 10 charger (it works with both) below fills all my requirements and in fact I've been using it over the past week.  It feels decently made and so far has been charging my Nexus 7 and letting me use it while on the road without any issues.  I'm especially liking the straight cord which gives me the easy mobility to pass my tablet over to my passenger in the driver's seat or even to the back seat with the 6 foot+ cord plenty long and with none of that coiled nonsense that ruins the connectors.  It's only $6.99 and that includes free shipping...so if you've been looking for a car charger for your Nexus 7 grab one or two...and let me know what you think after you use it.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:49:16 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Straight Cord Car Charger With IC Chip+LED For $6.99
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »
Thanks BFM,

That looks like exactly what I'm looking for. The link seems bad, but I think I can search for it.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.5 mpg over 42k miles in  Scion xB)

Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:57:47 AM »
The link is working for me.  Not working for you?
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:38 AM »
Just to verify, the link is working for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline engineer

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:28:04 AM »
Could this be the same charger as this one?
http://www.amazon.com/iShoppingdeals-ASUS-Google-Nexus-Charger/dp/B0094JM9HA

With the shipping charge on amazon price ends up being the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »
Similar but not the same one because you'll notice it has the 'coiled' cord which I find annoying for use with a tablet.  It's  always pulling on the connector due to the tension and usually ends up breaking pretty quickly.  Thus why I prefer the straight cord for a use such as this.

Offline engineer

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »
Good point.
(I was trying to build up my purchase total at amazon so I can get free shipping on a nexus 7 case I want to buy from them. <g>)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts