April 18, 2024, 01:56:33 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Google Video: Explore Iconic Central Park With Google Maps  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

I love Google Maps and the above video shows a little bit why.  As some of my friends on the forum might know, I grew up in the New York area as well as went to college (both undergrad and grad) right in Manhattan.  Central Park holds a whole bunch of memories for me through the years.  Heck, my parents even held their 40th wedding anniversary there at Tavern on the Green.  Now that I live on the left coast if I ever want to get a bit nostalgic and feel like I'm back in the city I just fire up Google Maps and presto....now I can tour all the pathways of Central Park just as if I was just living a few blocks away by using the street view feature which more and more these days also includes walkways and paths...not just roads.  Google recently teamed up with the Central Park Conservancy and was able to map all the running and drivng paths as well as walkways that make Central Park such an amazing place.  Check it out in the video above.

Now I bring this video up for a larger reason and that's that I found myself more and more often exploring cities I've never been to...and those that I have but wnat to go back to via Google Maps.  From Paris to Vienna to London to San Francisco, you can pretty much do a walking tour of most of the major cities in the western world (and some in the eastern) just by opening up Google Maps.  So forum members...what cities and places of note have you explored on Google Maps.  Tell us some of your best ideas in the comments and help me plan my next vacation. ;)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:27:23 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman