March 28, 2024, 04:12:02 PM

collapse

Author Topic: New N7 owner - already need advice!  (Read 1724 times)

Offline ps_etc

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
New N7 owner - already need advice!
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:07 AM »
Hello,
I'm a N7 newbie and needs loads of advice. Been scouring the forums with little luck, though learning much.
I'm an American living in Germany with the military - which has it's own problems in regard to the tablet based on my ISP! But, first things first:

Here is my issue (I don't know if it's common or not): I have put apps on my tablet but no updates and have been getting notices about a new update available. I'm currently running 4.1.1, build JRO03S and the notice is to update to 4.2.2. Every time I try to accept this, my tablet turns off and then I get the Android guy with the updating green belly for about 2 minutes and then he croaks to his back with the Red triangle!  I must then press the power button for 15 sec. to get my tablet to turn back on. I've tried this multiple times always with the same result. Please offer suggestions!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: New N7 owner - already need advice!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
First off, thanks a million for your service. Love you for a job that is pretty much taken for granted. As far as the Nexus not updating, I am assuming it is a stock device, meaning not unlocked or rooted? Please give more info and we will get you updated. You might need to go thru some steps on the pc but we will make it as easy as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:02:02 PM by bjs229 »

Offline ps_etc

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
Thank you for getting back to me! Yes, it's a stock device, not rooted or unlocked. I had been working with Tech Support at Google Play and they had me reset to the factory settings and try to upload again, but it continues to fail. So they were thinking that there is a problem with the device itself, but if there's another way to attack the problem, I'm willing to try (as long as it won't void my warranty).

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 05:10:48 AM »
If Google support will replace it and since the factory reset did not solve the problem, I suggest going with warranty replacement, my guess is that you will continue to face issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »
Unlocking technically voids your warranty. I was going to suggest a reset but that apparently isn't working. It sounds like there might be a problem with your recovery. I'm thinking download the update at Asus's site and try and flash it thru your recovery if you can get in. The thing is, If Google is suggesting a replacement, I would go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »
Could it be a corrupt update file being cached on a local server? Try another wifi hot spot, if available.

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 06:02:19 AM »
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime