April 16, 2024, 04:27:26 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Alien Vs. Predator: Evolution'  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Alien Vs. Predator: Evolution'
« on: May 31, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »

I was all set to do this week's Friday, game day on the new World War Z game, based on the (soon to be) hit movie...except most of the reviews say it's a bit of a letdown.  So instead I decided on what is actually a really great movie game...AVP: Evolution.  Whether you're a fan of Aliens or Predator, this game rocks.  First off, it's the melding of two great film worlds with outstanding graphics.  You get to play either the Alien..or the Predator...and there's enough story here and in-depth gameplay to keep things really interesting.  Here's the promo video:

VICIOUS CHARACTERS & FIERCE COMBAT
*Two distinct gaming experiences as you engage in the ultimate battle as both the Alien and Predator
*Vicious attacks and brutal finishing moves give players a lethal arsenal to wreak havoc on the enemy

CREATE YOUR OWN ULTIMATE KILLING MACHINE
*Engineer your own unique Alien and Predator via character upgrades, enhanced abilities, and a multitude of powerful armor and weapons
*Gain the advantage in battle with Facehugger Calls, Rage Rechargers, Net Guns, Proximity Mines, Thermal Vision, Alien Vision, Plasma Cannons and much more

CHILLING ENVIRONMENTS
*It’s kill or be killed as you advance through the Temple Arena, Marine Base, Alien Hive and many other eerie settings
INCREDIBLE GRAPHICS UNLEASHED
*Rich detail, impressive character models and distinctive lighting

As you can see it's a pretty gory game, but then again that's pretty faithful to the movies.  I particularly like playing as the alien but I like that you can switch it up and play as the predator as well...it's pretty much two games in one.  now there's all kinds of customization options for either character with upgrades, enhanced abilities and armor and weapons such as Facehugger Calls, Rage Rechargers, Net Guns, Proximity Mines, Thermal Vision, Alien Vision, Plasma Cannons and more.  There's all kinds of iconic settings ripped straight out of the movies that you'll recognize and some of the setups with dozens of aliens roaming or attacking in the eery insides of the base are simply cinematic.  There's also dynamic lighting throughout that looks fantastic on your Nexus 7.  It's not for the squeamish but at a now discounted 99 cents, this is well worth the price for a sci fi action shooter that'll keep you engaged for hours.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:26:51 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman