April 18, 2024, 12:01:56 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Screen keeps flashing - dims then brightens  (Read 1352 times)

Offline stonekeeper

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Screen keeps flashing - dims then brightens
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
HI,
I have a Nexus 7 that I got in December 2012.  Ever since I got it, periodically the screen brightens then dims.  at times, it also flashes on an off.  I am not sure what to do about this.  Is this under warranty or do I return the device and get a replacement?  Do I return to the store I bought it?  I was already set to post here or go back to Staples and today I dropped it. CRAP!  The bottom left corner of the screen broke and now my Nexus won't do much.  So as you can see, I am in a dilemma.  Would that have been returnable pre breakage.  and what should I do now... where would I get a new screen? 

I've very new to this and any help /advice is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Gem

JayJ

Re: Screen keeps flashing - dims then brightens
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
Hi Gem.

You can buy Nexus 7 screens from here, probably best to get the one with the digitizer here. Firstly less work and secondly, if you don't buy the digitiser you may find it damaged from the fall.
I'm not sure whether you would be confident tearing into your device but the only other alternative would be to send the device off to Asus. From what I've read that is going to cost a whole lot more.

Other users on here have successfully transplanted the internal workings of their device into a donor device but this may be firstly a little complex and secondly quite costly, you could source a damaged donor from eBay but the first option is probably best.

Why your screen dims and flickers, honestly I can't say. It could be a faulty screen, which the above could fix. It could be a faulty light sensor. It's hard to say without seeing the severity of this. How bad is it because it could just be the auto brightness kicking in, that's if auto brightness is activated.

Anyway, hope that goes some way to helping. Anymore questions please ask and good luck.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:12:24 AM by JayJ »

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Screen keeps flashing - dims then brightens
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
It was probably the auto brightness, and I would just buy a new one or wait for the next one

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts