Nexus 7 International Forums > UK Dedicated Nexus 7 Forum (Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Region)

Advice required

(1/2) > >>

roberthogg:
Hello, I am a new member on the forum and recently bought my n7 after a lot of thought. I am needing some help though.  Every time I receive and read my email's I put them into the recycle bin and empty that they always come back to me.  It does the same if it is bulk mail.  Is there something I am doing wrong or am I just being stupid, also is there any way I can stop all the bulk (junk) mail.

S.Prime:
Please supply some additional information, your problem depends on email client (App you use to check email) or/and email source (pop, imap, exchange). Please supply as much information as you can to help us identify your issues.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

roberthogg:
I think the details you are looking for are:

Incoming
IMAP server -android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Security - SSL/TLS
Port - 993

S.Prime:
Unfortunately, Yahoo is the poorest email providers, that I have seen, at filtering junk email, even if you use their junk mail reporting feature. As for deleting emails, which is what I think you are questioning, I have no problems deleting Yahoo emails, but I am using Enhanced Email as my email app, so it could be related to your email app or if you are using the web email portal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

matt:
I'm using att.yahoo mail. There should be a setting somewhere to leave the mail on the server, haven't found it. The settings through the web mail portal just give a video quality choice. I'll try later with the computer browser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version