April 16, 2024, 08:18:47 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Boom! New Nexus 7 Drops Next Week! Leaked Docs, Prices, Pics!  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

The long awaited and much discussed sequel to the venerable Nexus 7 will be here next week...at least that's the skinny if you believe the above and below docs that have been leaked to tech blog Engadget.  As you can see with your own eyes, Office Max has issued a Visual Planning directive informing its stores of the new tablet's arrival and instructing employees to display the new Nexus 7 alongside the old.  While the old and new models will be sold side by side at first, it appears from the instructions that this will only be until the old model is sold out. 

Oh, but there's more...we've got pricing news as well!  From the below snapshots we also get to see the suggested retail prices of the new Nexus 7, $229.99 for the 16GB model and $269.99 for the 32GB.  Now while these are slightly above the prices of the old generation, keep in mind the greatly improved specs including that 1080p display and rear camera we've all been clamoring for.

Now you might be wondering...ok, so where's the official announcement?  Well it just so happens that Google, just this morning sent out invites to a special event breakfast on July 24th to be headed by Chrome and Android head Sundar Pichai.  Rumor is we'll see the new version of Android, 4.3 in addition to the official intro of the new Nexus 7 on that date.   While stores may receive shipments of the new N7 before the 24th we would expect them to keep them off the shelves until the official announcement, thus we expect them to actually be available late on the 24th or perhaps the 25th. 

Engadget
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:32:00 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Boom! New Nexus 7 Drops Next Week! Leaked Docs, Prices, Pics!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:21 PM »
I am on board at $269.99...:-)  Who else?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
Count me in for a 32GB myself.  ;D
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »
Two please

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »
Oh yeah!  I'll take one of those too... Can't I just pre-order it rather than going into a sore though?

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman