April 23, 2024, 06:53:33 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Staples Snapshot Shows July 31 Nexus 7.2 Release Date  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Staples Snapshot Shows July 31 Nexus 7.2 Release Date
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »

Another leaked photo today, this time from Staples shows a company memo discussing the arrival, prep and sale of the 2nd generation Nexus 7 with sales to the public to begin on July 1.  As reported yesterday the tablets will begin arriving at stores as early as July 24...just 5 days from now but employees are being instructed to keep units to be held in 'lockup' until 7/31.  Also mentioned are Nexus 7.2 demo units which will arrive at stores via UPS and may be displayed as early as 7/26...although these will be non-functioning units.7/24 is of course the date of the Google event with Android head Sundar Pichai at which time we expect all the details of the new Nexus 7 as well as Android 4.3 to be unveiled.

Engadget

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Staples Snapshot Shows July 31 Nexus 7.2 Release Date
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:42:04 AM »
BFM how do you think it will come down on Google Play?  Will we be able to order on-line or do I need to go to some store?

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 09:50:24 AM »
I'm sure it'll be available on Google Play as well as retail stores just like the current version.  I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. 
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »
Look for Google to announce the Play Store availability on Wednesday the 24th. I am betting that availability dates that we are seeing at Office Depot and Staples, will ensure that Google Play will have them available for shipping at the same time. I don't think Google will want to repeat the availability issues that we saw last year with the Nexus 7.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 10:05:20 AM »
Look for Google to announce the Play Store availability on Wednesday the 24th. I am betting that availability dates that we are seeing at Office Depot and Staples, will ensure that Google Play will have them available for shipping at the same time. I don't think Google will want to repeat the availability issues that we saw last year with the Nexus 7.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh man, I hope so... Well, I'll be watching and ready with my credit card!

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman