March 28, 2024, 11:58:12 PM

collapse

Author Topic: No screen shortcut?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline engineer

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
No screen shortcut?
« on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:59 AM »
Nexus 7 running android 4.2.2. Nova launcher.

I purchased "piano melody pro" from Amazon's free day app and it works fine. But when the app installed, it didn't create an icon on the home screen (or any other screen) as usually happens when I install an app and yes there is room and no error message. 

Also I can't find it in the Nova's list of installed apps to  create a screen shortcut for it. (It does appear in the android /settings and /apps). So the only way I can start it is to go to amazon where it is shown as purchased and open it from there. That is really weird!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jeff

Offline engineer

• View Profile
Re: No screen shortcut?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
Seems to be another Nova launcher problem. When I switched to adw launcher, the app was available for creating a screen shortcut. Nova seems to have a problem with screen shortcuts as I discovered on other instances.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
I have no such problems with Nova, if you go to the settings for Nova and select "New apps" and auto add shortcuts an icon shortcut will be placed on your homescreen.
Because you are using Amazon, no icon will be placed on your homescreen otherwise.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
I think it may be a memory or capacity bug in nova. I've downloaded and installed several apps from amazon and the shortcut always appears on the home screen in nova. But the last 2 apps I installed have not. And, what is worse, the apps do not even appear in Nova's list of apps so I can't find them to manually create a shortcut!

I have nova prime and in it's settings, add a shortcut is already selected. See image.

I have a lot of apps installed on my nexus so maybe nova can only handle so many?

Previously nova got confused with shortcuts to the screen and then straightened out after an update. At that time, both Apex and adw did  not have the same problem. Only nova.

This time, I rebooted but things remained the same. Then when I switched to adw launcher I was able to find the apps and create shortcuts fine on adw. Then, when I returned to Nova, problem persisted. I emailed the authors several times with no response. Can't find a forum for nova. I'm ready to give up on nova. It is definitely a bug and only happens in nova.

Offline engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:23:49 PM »
Finally, after 2 reboots, the installed missing app appeared in Nova's app list and I could create a home screen shortcut from it.
So things are fine for now, but who knows when this intermittent annoying bug will strike again. I wish the programmer would answer my emails.

JayJ

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 04:16:14 AM »
Firstly I have no such bug nor have I heard of this on any other forum or the Nova Launcher Google+ community. Have you tried clearing the data, uninstalling Nova and then reinstalling?

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 07:08:59 AM »
That's good to know. I have never un installed and reinstalled because I didn't want to risk losing all my screen setups -  even with Nova's backup. But that will have to be my next step.

Thanks for the help.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts