April 19, 2024, 04:42:04 PM

collapse

Author Topic: New Nexus 7 Commercial: Fear Less + This Morning's Nexus 7 Intro Event On Video  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Along with the introduction of the new 2013 edition of the Nexus 7 Google presented the above commercial featuring the new tablet.  Featuring a young boy as he faces the fear of a new school year, we see the New Nexus 7 used as an educational, entertainment, communication and even motivational device. 

Next up, we have the full 20 minute or so video from this morning's event when the New Nexus 7 was introduced.  You'll see an overview of all the new hardware and software features as well as some great video of games and apps on the new device.  Provided by our friends over at minipcpro, if you want a great 'everything you ever wanted to know about the New Nexus 7'...then fire up the below video.   Thanks guys!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:17:40 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

What a crap name, the old Nexus 7 is now referred to (even on the Play store) as the Nexus 7 (2012) whilst the new one is the Nexus 7 2013... That's some real lame naming there... With the 1080p screen "Nexus 7 HD" would have been much better.

Does this mean no Nexus 5 later in the year, it'll be Nexus 4 2013... lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
I understand why they are trying to keep the names consistent.  It is for branding purposes.  If you constantly change a name by adding a number or variation you lose the marketing consistency and value that having the same name for multiple generations of a device will create.  They could have conceivably added an HD on the end but then what happens when they come out in a year or two with a 4k resolution Nexus 7?  Call it Nexus 7 4k?  It's best to just leave the name the same.  That's why Apple did the same and keeps a consistent naming strategy for their devices.  You see the same with car models.  A Honda Accord is a Honda Accord regardless if it's from 1980 or 2013...tremendous brand equity builds when the same name is used for multiple generations and now that the Android device market is maturing we're going to see companies do this more and more.

You can see it with Samsung's Galaxy brand, the HTC One brand and soon the LG G brand etc.

On a related note....Nexus will most likely call the next Nexus phone the Nexus 4 again, unless the screen size is boosted to 5 inches or more in which case it's possible they could go with Nexus 5.  If the screen remains what it is today I fully expect them to just leave the name Nexus 4, as it reflects the screen size. 

Some people erroneously thought that the reason the Nexus 4 was called that was because it was the 4th generation phone.  That was inaccurate.  It was always about the screen size...just like the Nexus 10 is a 10+ inch screen and the Nexus 7 is a 7+inch screen. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:16:08 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Personally I like retaining the Nexus 7 name and distinguishing models with the release year, it becomes much easier to keep up with models and as BFM said maintains name recognition.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

Personally I think it's going to cause nothing but confusion, especially when it comes to newbies...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts