March 28, 2024, 08:49:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Google Support Issues Latest Nexus 7 Pre-order Status Update  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Well we know from the forum that a number of those that ordered their Nexus 7 Tablets were a bit annoyed at the lack of information forthcoming early on from the company regarding when their tablets would arrive.   However,It looks like the company has finally gotten wind of the discontent and is making a real effort to communicate to everyone how things are proceeding in their Nexus 7 shipments. 

As you can see in the status update below from the Google Support site in the U.S. and Canada all standalone 8GB Nexus 7 orders have been shipped   In the U.S. those with accessories such as cases, chargers or a Nexus Q included,  your Nexus 7 Tablet will ship this week with overnight shipping but most likely your add-ons will follow shortly after.      Those that ordered 16GB Nexus 7s through July 11 will have their tablets shipped by July 19th the latest again with overnight shipping.    If you ordered after the 11th then your tablet will ship by the end of next week again with overnight shipping.   

For further Canada, UK and Australia shipping details check out the quote below.  It seems that 16GB Nexus 7 demand was very heavy and on the Google Play website there's a 3-4 week wait for them.  8GB models on the other hand are listed as 'in stock' so apparently demand for the $199 model was not as heavy or at least the company appears to have ordered more of them.    All of this is of course subject to change as the company has updated their support page several times in the past day.   Hit the link at the bottom to see the most up to date.

An update on Nexus 7 pre-order shipping status

We’ve had incredible demand for our new Nexus 7 tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. When your device ships you will receive a notification from Google Play with a shipping tracking number. We will have all orders placed through July 13 processed and shipped soon. Orders placed after July 13 will ship according to the quoted timeframe when you purchased and we will update you with a tracking number when we've shipped. Thanks for your patience.

Below are more specific details by country for devices ordered through July 13. If the below information is not true for you, and you ordered on or before July 13, please reach out to our support team so we can investigate.

In the US:

We’ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.

If you ordered your tablet with a case, charger or Nexus Q, your Nexus 7 will ship this week with overnight shipping, in some cases ahead of the rest of your order. But don’t worry, the rest of your order will be on its way soon.

In Canada:

We’ve shipped all Nexus 7 8GB orders. We are in the process of shipping Nexus 7 16GB orders and will ship them in 1-2 weeks.

In the UK:

All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20 (BST). All Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through June 30 (BST), will ship by July 20 (BST). The remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship next week.

In Australia:

All Nexus 7 8GB and Nexus 7 16GB orders will be fulfilled by the end of day on July 19 (AEST) and will arrive in 3-5 days.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Google Support Issues Latest Nexus 7 Pre-order Status Update
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
I will have to admit that Google has obviously listened to the consumer market and certainly wants to, "Kiss and Make up."
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
We’ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.

Not so true. If they are saying all preordered 8gb's have shipped, then I will cry foul. I talked to them yesterday and the 8gb I preordered had not shipped and they said it wouldn't ship for 4 to 5 days. It was a stand alone. After dealing with them over the last few days, I have learned to take any thing they say with a grain of salt.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline nhobbit

• Popularity: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 06:55:59 PM »
Am I the only one who pre-ordered in June that is still waiting? I did get a tracking number on July 20th. But they did not ship it out overnight like their email said. They did 2 days shipping and UPS does not deliver on Sundays so I won't have it in my anxious hands till Monday.   >:(

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman