2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

JB 4.3

(1/6) > >>

CBers:
Anyone tried flashing their Nexus 7 (or 4 or 10) with JB 4.3 yet?

Images are already available, but it doesn't seem to be as straight forward as before.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD.

S.Prime:
Yes I tried installing the update in zip file format from CWM recovery and received "Assert Fails:apply_patch_check, ("/system/vendor/lib/hw/power.grouper.so") showing Status 7. This indicates a kernel that is "not stock", so I restored the stock kernel and tried the zip update again and had the same results. My next attempt was a sideload of the zip update file and I had the same error. I am looking at the stock rom 4.3 on xda Here, but I am curious as to whether the OTA will give the same error, so until I receive feedback that the OTA fails for the same reason, I will wait a day or two before trying the xda 4.3 stock rom. Be advised, that the App Store version of SU has issues with 4.3, so make sure you read xda 4.3 stock rom post if you fail to access SU after applying the update with CWM.

matt:
Here is a method from android police:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/25/how-to-update-your-2012-nexus-7-to-android-4-3-jwr66v-and-root-it-right-now/

I'm in no hurry, waiting for ota.

S.Prime:

--- Quote from: matt on July 25, 2013, 06:16:43 PM ---Here is a method from android police:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/25/how-to-update-your-2012-nexus-7-to-android-4-3-jwr66v-and-root-it-right-now/

I'm in no hurry, waiting for ota.

--- End quote ---

This is the method that I used, trying option 1 and 2. I would be interested in hearing, if anyone achieves success.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ramordep:
what preparations should i do with my unlocked and rooted nexus7 to have a successful OTA?  Do i need to unfreeze my frozen apps? do i need to reset my N7 or do cleanup? TIA

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version