March 28, 2024, 09:35:48 AM

collapse

Author Topic: tablet talk  (Read 2088 times)

Offline conord

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
tablet talk
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
So I need help already. Tablet talk seems like the best idea in the world. Basically it tethers your phone using Bluetooth and allows you to send and receive texts, and possibly place calls, from your tablet. ui is great looking, sends texts in high fashion, only problem is I am not receiving any texts. (And it's not because no one is texting me, I'm quite sure). I have a Motorola atrix and I use handcent. Going to try default messenger to be sure that isn't the problem.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: tablet talk
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »
Thanks!  I'll definitely try this.  I hoped someone would come-up with some way to tether a tablet through BT like this.  I'll try it out with my DroidX tonight and report back on how it worked :)

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
Really appreciate you posting this Conord. Has been really useful. Thanks
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline conord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »
Just an fyi, tablet talk is receiving and sending now. I changed the setting in handcent that designated it as my cell phone default messenger, handcent still functions the same on my phone, but now texts are pushing through to my tab. I have to say I'm still very satisfied with this program. I think i paid three bucks for it and I've gotten my money's worth in the first week.

Offline Bitbitble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
For those still having trouble with third party SMS apps, you can try this work around.
Why are new messages not automatically syncing? (Go SMS, Handcent and MIUI users):
Third party SMS apps such as Handcent and Go SMS can block Tablet Talk from receiving messages. This problem is easily fixed in two steps.

1) Change the setting in your SMS app's settings which prevents other apps from receiving messages:

Handcent: Settings->Application Settings->Default Messaging application: set to "Disable".

GO SMS Pro: Settings->Receive Settings->Disable other message notification: UNcheck.

MIUI SMS app: disable "System priority MMS app"]

2) Open the SMS app that came with your phone. Inside its settings, disable notifications. This step is necessary to prevent duplicate notifications.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman