2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Help (2nd Gen)

transfer files & apps from old 7 to new 7

(1/1)

monroe:
Suggestions on how to transfer (basically everything) files and apps from an old Nexus 7 to the new Nexus 7.

Thanks

gp123:
Just posted an identical question (and possible answer),  Hope for more info on this  -- esp transferring settings, data, etc.  Perhaps via transfer with units back-to-back ??

S.Prime:
I am assuming that you are not rooted, so my reply is for non-rooted users.

Serious

* Apps, free or purchased are linked to your Play Store account, so they are available for install on a new Android device when you access Play Store with the same account
* Personal content, pictures, non Google Store videos, music, etc. cam be transferred by Google Drive, DropBox, and other online storage services, as well as MTP to PC.
Not So Serious

* Settings is a very broad area, so without Root, all I can say is that, from my experience you are very limited
* Forgive me, for my jest  8), but now is the time, that the Rooted users will fist pump, knowing that they have the advantage of backup and restore  ;D
Serious Again

Transferring to a new device is easy for data linked to Google Services, but for data that is not linked to those services the responsibility is given to the owner.

Prime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version