March 28, 2024, 03:22:45 AM

collapse

Author Topic: The Verge Video Review Of The New Nexus 7: 'Best Tablet Screen I've Ever Seen'  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Popular tech website 'The Verge' has just come out with their review of the New Nexus 7 and I'm happy to present the video review above.  Reviewer David Pierce does a nice job going over all of the main features and improvements of the New Nexus 7 and even begrudgingly admits that for most categories Android has caught up in tablet apps with iOS.  He particular is impressed with both the speed of the New Nexus 7 and the lighter, thinner build and need I say..he was simply blown away by the Full HD 1920 x 1200 display...calling the screen 'gorgeous'.  I could go on and on but just fire up the video above and see for yourself.  His final verdict?  The New Nexus 7 is 'pretty much unbeatable' and gives it a final score of 9 out of 10. You can read the full review at the link below.

The Verge New Nexus 7 (2013) Review
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:54:25 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline engineer

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Sounds great.

But he does mention concerns about the "slouch" or slowing down many of us have noticed in the previous nexus 7.

What causes the nexus 7 to slow down after months of use and many installed apps? Is it the loss of available memory, memory corruption, or something else? How can one restore the speed of the nexus when new? Uninstall apps, reflash, or something else?

JayJ

Maybe because Android has a known TRIM bug, this means the internal storage is not properly TRIMmed when needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
The issues with the original Nexus 7 have been remedied with the update to Android 4.3 according to a wide variety of sources.   It was in fact the Trim function...or lack thereof that was the issue.  I'm going to be doing a front page article on it in the next couple of days that will go into it in more detail, but suffice to say we shouldn't have any problems long-term with the Nexus 7 performance degrading...either the new one or the original that has been updated to 4.3.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

Anybody using fstrim, you can now dump it once your running 4.3 because it's now part of the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts