April 19, 2024, 12:55:38 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Help Surfing With Chrome...  (Read 1226 times)

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Help Surfing With Chrome...
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »
A question for all my learned Nexus 7 colleagues...

To explain, I don't find myself doing much surfing on my tablet but I would love to do more!  It mostly has to do with the way that Chrome seems to work on mobile devices or, I'm afraid to say, that I don't know how to use Chrome in the way that I would prefer.  What I mean is, on this desktop PC that I'm using when I open Chrome, up comes my favorite home page (http://www.besthomepageever.com/) and I can surf from there.  Every new tab that I call up starts with my home page so it is familiar and I can simply use the search box there.  Also, I know where all of my 'most used' web pages are because I can simply look in the bookmarks. 
So why can't I use Chrome in this fashion on my tab and phone??  How can I open a tab and have the page I always want to see come up?  Where the heck are the bookmarks in the mobile version of Chrome and how do I bookmark a page in the first place.  I guess maybe what might be helpful is a tutorial or video that explains how to use the mobile version of Chrome. I'm sure the tablet version must be just as powerful/versatile as the PC version, huh?  What am I missing here?  How can I set up my tablet browser so that it resembles the way that the PC version works??
Thanks for any help!

radio

Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Help Surfing With Chrome...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
You may need to sign in on the desktop so that the bookmarks are associated with your gmail address. To bookmark a page (mobile) tap the star in the address field. I have desktop, mobile, and other bookmarks listed but I tend to use the most visited section. I haven't found a home screen setting, don't need the wait. Also in the chrome (mobile) is other devices. Sign in on the desktop, and then all the open tabs will automagically appear on the tablet.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman