March 28, 2024, 02:26:38 PM

collapse

Author Topic: ZAGG 'Invisible Shield' Screen Protection Now Available For Nexus 7  (Read 6648 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

If you're gonna go with a screen protector you might as well go with the best.  Sure you can buy some cheap no-name brands on Ebay but the gold standard of screen protectors has always been ZAGG's 'Invisible Shield' line.   The company has sold over 30 million protectors worldwide, it's made of military grade material that reduces smudges, smears and glare, and has a lifetime replacement warrant for the life of your device.  In other words...buy it once and you'll never have to buy it again.  Many people swear by these and you can get them either for just the screen for $19.99 or the screen and back of the unit for $29.99.  Personally we went for the screen protection since we like to make sure our tablet stays nice and 'perfect' and we really like the slight tactile feel the cover gives the tablet. 

Now we know there's an ongoing debate between two firmly entrenched groups;  Should you or should you not invest in a screen protector for your Nexus 7 tablet?  On one side are those that feel the special Corning 'Fit' Glass is scratch resistant and made to withstand day to day use without chipping, cracking or scratching so why bother?   On the other side are those that say while that's all fine and great...it's not scratch 'proof'...just 'resistant'... and accidents can and will happen.  Using a screen protector gives you an added measure of security to ensure that your screen stays in perfect shape while having the added benefit of cutting down on some of the glare and fingerprinting of your tablet's glossy screen.   It's your call but we can't recommend the 'Invisible Shield' highly enough.  If you're gonna go for a screen protector and want the 'best'...this is it.  You can find out more at the link below.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:18:46 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
Re: ZAGG 'Invisible Shield' Screen Protection Now Available For Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »
That price is pretty over the top.

Can get a pair of quality protectors for $3.75 shipped here with code Xtreme75.  Have to buy at least 2 items to get the discount.
 http://www.xtremeguard.com/Asus-Google-Nexus-7-Tablet-Screen-Protector-p/google_nexus7_screen_protector.htm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:28:16 PM by frank »

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
60 day warranty verses lifetime warranty.  That's a big difference and probably indicates how the companies feel about their respective products quality. Just sayin.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
Armor shield is just as good for $15
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »

I dunno if this is what you're talking about but the "ArmorSuit" being sold on Amazon gets a few crummy reviews, all because it seems to significantly reduce the responsiveness of the touch screen.  Too thick maybe??

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »

I dunno if this is what you're talking about but the "ArmorSuit" being sold on Amazon gets a few crummy reviews, all because it seems to significantly reduce the responsiveness of the touch screen.  Too thick maybe??

r

Wow really?   good thing I didnt buy it yet.  usually Armor suite gets good reviews. 

Maybe ill wait to see if they improve. 

But there is no way in hell im paying 30 bucks for a screen protector, especially when my nexus is already in a case anyway. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline daraldf

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 07:49:46 PM »
You get what you pay for. I understand that there are cheaper screen protectors available at various online outlets but Zagg makes one of the highest quality screen protectors. I paid $17 for my Skinomi N7 screen protector and I don't regret it.

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
You get what you pay for. I understand that there are cheaper screen protectors available at various online outlets but Zagg makes one of the highest quality screen protectors. I paid $17 for my Skinomi N7 screen protector and I don't regret it.

daraldf, did that Skinomi reduce the screen sensitivity at all??

r

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
Skinomi is very cool.  They make "whole" skin protectors to make your N7 stand out!

http://www.skinomi.com/googlenexus7.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:20:48 AM by Babyfacemagee »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Ezell

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »
I don't get why you'd need a protector for the BACK of the Nexus 7...

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »
I don't get why you'd need a protector for the BACK of the Nexus 7...

The whole skin is if you want the back of your tab to look different.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:58:01 AM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline radiocycle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
Well, I went for the Skinomi screen protector from Amazon Prime so we'll see how it looks in a couple of days. 

Anticipating a positive outcome!

radio

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
I preordered Ghost Armor from a kiosk in a mall near where I work (Jersey City). They said they are getting them next Thursday. Can't wait until I get it on my Nexus 7. What sold me was when I saw it on an iPhone 4s, it was super clear, but very strong protection for the screen.

Offline Jim1348

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
ZAGG 'Invisible Shield' Screen Protection Now Available For Nexus 7
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-invisibleSHIELD-Google-Nexus-Tablet/dp/B008MJHNME/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AAZRLVTNON75Z

It looks like these are under $12 shipped to the door now.  I am trying to decide if I need it, though.  I do have an OtterBox on order for my Nexus 7.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 12:51:11 PM »
That's a really good price for the Zagg if you like the product.  Usually it's like $29.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman