March 28, 2024, 07:35:16 AM

collapse

Author Topic: got my nexus 7.2. Now what?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline RockyRaccoon

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
got my nexus 7.2. Now what?
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:03:20 PM »
Received my 7.2 this afternoon.  Started it up and worked my way thru set-up.  Got my g-mail account and linked my credit card to enable purchases.  Wifi is working fine and the screen looks great. 

During set-up, I believe the google services page,  there was a list of questions about gps and tracking of my unit etc.  I unchecked the 3 or 4 boxes, as I wasn't sure if I wanted that; however, one of the comments said just because I unchecked the box doesn't mean they won't be storing info from this unit.  Is this what others have done?  Or you checked all the boxes because it really didn't matter? What's the advantage/disadvantage?

Also, what's the one thing that I do not want to do as I am learning my nexus 7.2 (yes, I know the obvious things like I don't want to take a shower with it)?  And, what's the one thing I should definitely do as I am learning the 7.2? (certain apps etc.)

p.s. this is completely new to me.  I have never owned a tablet or a smart phone.

thanks,
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:05:01 PM by RockyRaccoon »

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: got my nexus 7.2. Now what?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:15:28 AM »
In my opinion, each user has to determine how much privacy you are willing to sacrifice by allowing Google unrestricted access to your location information. I choose to not allow Google location access through WiFi, but that is purely personal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman