March 29, 2024, 01:16:49 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How do I listen to music?  (Read 5642 times)

Offline AlexBell

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
How do I listen to music?
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »
I've just downloaded the first song on to my Nexus 7, and have got the receipt from Google. But I'm afraid I haven't the slightest idea how to listen to it.

I tried using the Play Music app, but all I got was advertising to try to get me to  use other apps.

Regards, Alex

PS - is there a way to automatically add my signature?

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How do I listen to music?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 01:07:02 AM »
Bring up Play Music ... do a swipe from the left (or tap the top left corner near the head phones) then pick My Library.. you should see your music there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
I've just downloaded the first song on to my Nexus 7, and have got the receipt from Google. But I'm afraid I haven't the slightest idea how to listen to it.

I tried using the Play Music app, but all I got was advertising to try to get me to  use other apps.

Regards, Alex

PS - is there a way to automatically add my signature?

StewMc has already answered your music question, but to answer your question about signatures, just use an app called Tapatalk on your tablet. I've been using computers for many many years, and didn't really like using online forums, but when using Tapatalk it makes participating in a forum so much easier. Not only does it allow you to automatically add a signature, but it also keeps track of what messages you've read and ones you've participated in. So check it out it's available on Google Play!

Offline AlexBell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 04:58:06 AM »
Thanks to you both. My problem seems to have been that I didn't wait long enough for the song to appear on my Nexus. Next time I looked it was on the main screen of the Nexus under My Library. I just pressed on it and enjoyed the aria. I've just pressed Play Music and the aria appeared, so I pressed on it and am listening to it now.

What I really want to do is to make mp3 files from the many CDs I have, and transfer those files to the Nexus to listen to. Is there a How To for Dummies anywhere so that I can learn how to do this? Where do I put the mp3 files? How do I concatenate them in some way so that all the arias from an opera will play one after the other without having to start each one?

Regards, Alex

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »
Do you have all your music on a computer? You will need to do that then download Google music manager. One you've done that, you can upload your music to the cloud Once you've done that you can listen, and download, your  music to any device - your phone being one.

I am certain some one can post a link to a tutorial or be more eloquent than myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
I use windows media player to convert CDs to mp3, called ripping. To have a selected set play through you create a playlist.

sent from me n7 using tappitytalk 4

Offline AlexBell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »
Thanks to you both. I'll checkout Windows Media Player first, and go on from there.

Regards, Alex

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
Stewmc has a great solution if the music is already ripped.

Sent from my Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts