March 29, 2024, 06:29:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: My 7 is stuck on the black startup screen, with 'Google' in the middle...  (Read 1759 times)

Offline ottertaneda

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
So I have my 1st gen, 8GB N7 rooted, and got super excited when I got the update to 4.3!! But after about 13 downloads, and continuous failed errors happening, I decided to wipe my tablet, in hopes that it would make the update finally go through! Well, now, I wipe data, and its now stuck on the screen that shows up as soon as it boots back on. I've tried holding the power button, the power and down button, the power and up button, all 3 at once, and even just up and down... But NOTHING is bringing me back to the boot loader menu, with the little Android man laying down with his belly open.

Did I brick my N7??? How in the world can I fix this?! I don't have enough money to go get the 2nd Gen just yet, so I need my baby back! I don't have immediate PC access, but I can get to one if need be. Please, someone tell me what to do!!! :) thank you!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I would use either toolkit Wugfresh or Skippen. Did you use a toolkit to root?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
I agree with bjs229, either of the toolkits will allow you to load a stock copy of Android 4.2.2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman