March 29, 2024, 09:04:08 AM

collapse

Author Topic: New N7 with a question about app migration  (Read 821 times)

Offline TGinAZ

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
New N7 with a question about app migration
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
I just got my N7 yesterday, and while I'm loving it, I'm baffled by the Play Store app migration.... (I'm not sure if this is the proper place for the questions, and my searches didn't turn up any answers, so I'll apologize if I'm doing this wrong!)

As I started up my N7, I don't remember asking/telling it to migrate all my apps from my RAZR to the N7, but it did it anyway.  While that's not a problem, and in fact probably quite convenient, there are also issues...

1.  What are the standard / default apps on the N7?  One app that appears in my list is "email" and that's what was the default on the RAZR (rather than gmail).  I can't see any way to get rid of "email".  The others included some Verizon apps that were easily removed.

2.  If I delete an app on the N7, will that deletion also be echoed on the RAZR?  There are a couple of apps that I want on the RAZR that definitely don't belong on the N7 (PDANet comes to mind).  I really don't understand how the process works, so the migration is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

Thanks in advance!

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: New N7 with a question about app migration
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
I just got my N7 yesterday, and while I'm loving it, I'm baffled by the Play Store app migration.... (I'm not sure if this is the proper place for the questions, and my searches didn't turn up any answers, so I'll apologize if I'm doing this wrong!)

As I started up my N7, I don't remember asking/telling it to migrate all my apps from my RAZR to the N7, but it did it anyway.  While that's not a problem, and in fact probably quite convenient, there are also issues...

1.  What are the standard / default apps on the N7?  One app that appears in my list is "email" and that's what was the default on the RAZR (rather than gmail).  I can't see any way to get rid of "email".  The others included some Verizon apps that were easily removed.

Answer: There are several "Google Apps", like Email (Gold E) and Play Store that are included in the stock Android ROM

2.  If I delete an app on the N7, will that deletion also be echoed on the RAZR?  There are a couple of apps that I want on the RAZR that definitely don't belong on the N7 (PDANet comes to mind).  I really don't understand how the process works, so the migration is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

Thanks in advance!

Answer: You can safely uninstall apps on one android device without effecting others.

Note remove the auto-update option from Apps to avoid them auto-installing on your new device

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman