March 28, 2024, 02:49:05 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Peculiar problem with case magnet  (Read 2107 times)

Offline nexusNovice

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Peculiar problem with case magnet
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:26:33 PM »
I previously used a nexus 7, 1st generation with a moko case which I loved. Therefore when I purchased my nexus 7.2 (2nd generation) I purchased the same Moko slim case for my new Nexus 7, 2nd generation.

The case looks exactly like the first except for the size. What is strange is that I have noticed that when I open the case fully - so that it's folded back on itself - there will be instances when the Nexus 7 will freeze. No longer reacts to touch or keyboard. Some apps would even crash when I use the Nexus 7 in the case that way. I discovered that if I lift the folded lid of the case a little off the back the freezing stops and the apps no longer crash. So obviously the magnet in the case is either defective (too strong or too weak) causing the Nexus 7 to malfunction. Unless this is a defect in the Nexus 7, 2nd generation itself.

Anyone else has had this happen?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Peculiar problem with case magnet
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
It sounds to me like the padding on the case side of the magnet in the case isn't thick enough.  There were reports from some of the early 2012 Nexus 7 cases of this kind of thing happening.  You might want to reach out to where you bought the case and see if they'll let you try a different one.  Otherwise you can add a sticker of some sort to increase the padding a bit so that the magnet doesn't trigger the Nexus 7 when it's flat against the back.  It's not really a 'defect' so much of the Nexus 7....it's that the magnet in the case is a bit too strong and is triggering the Nexus 7's sleep mode from the back instead of the front.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline nexusNovice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
Thanks. That's very helpful. Will work with it.

Offline nexusNovice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »
Just heard back from the vendor.

They've already refunded my purchase cost including s/h and will send me a replacement case without my sending the defective one back.

This is truly exemplary support and service! I thought others should know about it.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:31:19 PM »
Wow, that is awesome!  Kudos to them.  I should ask them to be a sponsor of the site.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline nexusNovice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:25 AM »
Not only that. They sent me links where the problem was discussed as happening when certain settings were selected on the Nexus. Really remarkable service.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman