March 28, 2024, 05:21:06 AM

collapse

Author Topic: YouTube App Updated With Search While You Watch, Chromecast Previews And More!  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

YouTube is one of the most popular sites on the internet and for good reason.  While there are competitors, noone has approached the sheer volume of video content that YouTube has and the YouTube App for Android is a must have app for your Nexus 7.   One thing that always bothered me about it though, was the inability to search for content while simultaneously watching  a video.  Well, I'm happy to say a major update of the YouTube app has just posted and you should see it on your Nexus 7 shortly if you haven't downloaded it already. 

This new version, 5.021, updates the design for a new, cleaner look as well as let's you finally search for content while watching. There's also some better integration with Chromecast if you happen to have picked up one.  When connected you can now see a preview box on screen.  Here's the 'official' new features bullet points but to be honest, there's more than they officially mention so try it out yourself:

What’s new:
* Watch a video while searching for the next one
* Search for playlists and use the “play all” button for endless entertainment
* Enjoy a new cleaner design

Grab it in the Google Play Store.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:08:54 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
It was quite a shock visually but I love this new YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Yes, they did a nice job with it.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

It's a great update, the UI is beautiful and I look forward to other Google apps going the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts