2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Help (2nd Gen)

Cursor Jump

(1/3) > >>

bjs229:
Not sure if i mentioned this before. Sorry if it is a repeat.. I am having problems with my keyboard.  When editing text it is nearly impossible to set the two markers. I also have an extremely annoying issue that occurs when trying to edit. After editing a sentence and resetting the cursor to the end of the phrase, typing a letter brings me back to where I was before and starts erasing the text. The only thing that fixes it is if I turn the nexus off and on I can then resume . Better yet . Sometimes my kb will freeze and then start deleting text on its own. Like the back key is stuck. Anyone else encountering this? Maybe time for a reset, BTW , this was happening before I rooted the tablet.
This is a pre drop issue. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

matt:
I'm having some phantom key presses. The last update was supposed to fix this, but it seems worse.
Like a ghost in the machine. Wooooo.

bjs229:
Good way of putting it Matt. Phantom.. I need to brush up on my tech lingo.
Btw, It happens with both the stock and Swiftkey apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

birdastrompgman:
What apps does this happen in?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 running Paranoid Android 3.96.

matt:
Just fc'ed twice on chrome trying to post this, could have been a phantom back press. Was closing the keyboard randomly and other odd stuff. Turned off, cleaned screen, rebooted, crossed fingers, typing (uncrossed). Better, if it recurs I'll find an Ouija board app before attempting full exorcism. Bjs- careful cleaning around the crack, some cleaners may contain water, which could short the grid. A screen protector may be a good idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version