March 28, 2024, 07:54:50 AM

collapse

Author Topic: [Solved] Tunein Radio Pro is turning itself on and draining the battery on my Ne  (Read 2306 times)

Offline blue_bullet

• Popularity: 3
  • Gettin' by on gettin' by
    • View Profile
Tunein Radio Pro keeps turning itself on.  Last night before going to sleep I went  to Settings>Apps and forced Tunein Radio Pro to stop.  I then went to Mantano Reader to read a book.  When I get sleep I simply close the cover and the magnet puts the device to sleep.  At 1:30am Tunein came back on.  I turned the volume down and thought I paused it (3/4 asleep).  When I woke up this morning the battery was drained completely and is slow to recharge.  This has happened 2 other times in the last year, and I have not yet found a way to keep Tunein from starting itself.  Tunein usually turns itself on  several times a day everyday but without the severe battery drain.   Is there an app available to control rogue apps like Tunein?  Others have complained about this in reviewing Tunein Radio Pro, but I have not seen any solutions offered.  There do not seem to be any alternative apps that do quite what Tunein does.  I use it a lot and would like to get this fixed.  The draining of the battery is especially disturbing.   Please give me some suggestions to fix this. 

I am running Android 4.3 rooted on a 2012 Nexus 7 (16GB).  Recharging for 2 hours now and still do not have enough battery to reboot. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:51:17 AM by blue_bullet »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I have had that app start on its own as well. It happened to be on my first Nexus which was pre 4.3. I haven't installed it on the new one yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JayJ

Tunein Pro is definitely not a rogue app.  I use it on my Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2012 and Nexus 7 2013... With no problems...

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Do this...

Settings> Apps> scroll down to Tunein Pro and select> Clear data> Uninstall.
Now reinstall and set it up again.

EDIT- You are pressing "stop" at the bottom before exiting the application aren't you?

Sent using The Force
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:57:35 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline blue_bullet

• Popularity: 3
  • Gettin' by on gettin' by
    • View Profile
Tunein Pro is definitely not a rogue app.  I use it on my Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2012 and Nexus 7 2013... With no problems...

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Do this...

Settings> Apps> scroll down to Tunein Pro and select> Clear data> Uninstall.
Now reinstall and set it up again.

EDIT- You are pressing "stop" at the bottom before exiting the application aren't you?

Sent using The Force
JayJ,
Thanks for this solution.  It seems to have worked as Tunein Radio Pro is no longer misbehaving.  I will send your solution to Tunein Radio since I asked them for help as well.  It could help someone else if they
put it on their FAQ.

I have Tunein Radio Pro installed on my Nook Color Tablet, an HTC Incredible, and a Motorola Droid X all running Gingerbread.  None of these have misbehaved.  On my Nexus 7 Tunein Radio Pro has always misbehaved on the JellyBean versions (4.1, 4.2, and 4.3).  I wonder if the need to clear , uninstall, then reinstall to fix Tunein Radio Pro is a JellyBean issue , a Nexus 7 issue or something else.  Any ideas?
I have not had to do this with any other software on any of these devices.

Thanks again for the help.  This forum is great and people have helped me several times.

JayJ

No worries. I think sometimes when we update software data gets corrupted and applications go awry, I've had reliable apps go gaga on me before and there's usually a simple fix.

Thumbs up for the [solved] in the title though dude.

Sent using The Force

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts