March 28, 2024, 06:10:57 AM

collapse

Author Topic: User Created 'Google Voice Search Revisited [2013] Shows GVS's Awesome Progress  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

I remember when Google's Voice Search first came out I was just happy that I didn't have to type the name of my local restaurant into my Nexus 7 anymore when I was looking up the phone number online.  What i didn't realize then but I've slowly learned over the past year is that GVS (short for Google Voice Search) is capable of more...LOTS more. 

Last year, when GVS had it's debut an enthusiastic YouTuber named Jean-Louis Nguyen made a video that showed 40 assorted questions that Google's new voice activated system could handle.  Well, it's a year later and as always Google has constantly been updating and expanding Google Voice Search to the point where it has evolved to a point where it can do some amazing things and Mr. Nguyen has made an updated video which you can watch above.

From setting reminders, to placing hands-free calls to finding out detailed information about people, places, things and the environment, Google Voice Search is really just a rumpled suit and heartbeat away from being your personal assistant...in some ways even more than Apple's competing Siri.   Some of the things shown in the video above are truly useful, downright impressive, and I can already see myself using my Nexus 7 in new ways now that I know so much more of what GVS can do.  The video is about 10 minutes long...but worth the watch.  Let us hear what you think in the comments below and if you have any cool Google Voice Search tips, tricks or even funnies let us hear them too.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:05:20 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I love the voice search feature !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
I have never tried the voice feature... guess I am missing something

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards