Nexus 7 News > Member Reported News

BlackBerry Messenger Coming to Android and IOS 21Sep2013

(1/2) > >>

S.Prime:
BBM will be available as a free download for Android smartphones running Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean (Android 4.x) beginning at 7AM EDT on 21 September. BBM for iPhones running iOS 6 and iOS 7 will become available for each market on the App Store schedule of 12:01 AM local time on 22 September.

Babyfacemagee:
That's interesting.  I'm kind of surprised that Blackberry would open it up to other OS platforms before a sale of the company.  I wonder if that adds or takes away from its value.

S.Prime:

--- Quote ---In more BlackBerry news Yahoo! finance reports, that Blackberry will remove itself from the consumer market, opting to focus on enterprise and end-to-end solutions instead. Peliminary financial reports for the past quarter show loses reaching $1 billion.

Blackberry will also cut 4,500 jobs, and attempt to reduce their operating expenditures by 50% before the end of Q1 FY 2015.

In addition to the operating loss of $950-995 million, the Waterloo, Canada company will also see a pre-tax inventory charge of $930-960 million, primarily attributable to Z10 devices.

The comapny expects their adjusted net loss to hover in the $250 million range, or about $0.50 per share.
--- End quote ---

Considering the dismal news, I am like BFM, and cannot see the value in offering BB Messenger to Android and IOS, but that may change when we see the business model that emerges.

StewMc:
They should have done this years ago. Sounds like a desperation move as the company swirls down the toilet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

S.Prime:
BBM has not shown up in Google's US Play Store yet, so don't be fooled by fake apps. The authentic app should be marketed by BlackBerry Limited.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version