2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Root, Hacks, Mods And Development (2nd Gen)

Root Restoration Questions and Suggestions

(1/3) > >>

S.Prime:
Post your Questions and Suggestions for the Root Restoration Guide in this Topic.

radiocycle:
Hi SP,

Well I didn't realize I had lost root  :o So now I've been trying to re-root and I've tried a few times with now success.  I am unlocked but just can't seem to root.  I have downloaded, and I think followed the guide, but still no go.  One thing I see is that my current build number does not seem to be listed in the tools (JSS15R).  Any ideas?

radio

S.Prime:

--- Quote from: radiocycle on October 01, 2013, 11:11:41 AM ---Hi SP,

Well I didn't realize I had lost root  :o So now I've been trying to re-root and I've tried a few times with now success.  I am unlocked but just can't seem to root.  I have downloaded, and I think followed the guide, but still no go.  One thing I see is that my current build number does not seem to be listed in the tools (JSS15R).  Any ideas?

radio

--- End quote ---

With version 1.0.4 of Mark's toolkit you can select build JSS15Q and root will be restored to your Nexus 7 on build JSS15R. If you are using the free version of Mark's toolkit, it has not been updated to version 1.0.4 yet and you will have to get the donate version or wait until Mark updates the free version. I experienced the same issue with Wugfresh's toolkit as well, but I do not know if Wugfresh's has been updated to support the latest builds or not.

If you donate through Mark's toolkit the minimum is 3BP and you get the key immediately, but if you can wait 24 hours you can specify a lesser amount by clicking "donate to me" under Mark's name at xda and specifying which toolkit you are donating to. Remember there are different toolkits for the Nexus 7 2012 and the Nexus 7 2013.

radiocycle:
Ah, very good Prime... Looks like the min donation now is 4 GBP... around 6usd.  I just donated and we'll see how it goes.

r

S.Prime:
The donate version is now 1.0.6 and supports JSS15R. PM me if you have problems, I think we will have you a happy resolution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version