March 19, 2024, 02:42:48 AM

collapse

Author Topic: nexus 7 works well on wifi but not on mobile data  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Jilly

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
nexus 7 works well on wifi but not on mobile data
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:53:22 PM »
Hi my name is Jill and I am new to the forum.  I am looking for answers to a few things.  My Nexus 7 has wifi and mobile data, it works fine on wifi but not on mobile data which is very frustrating because I can't access wifi at home.  Just lately I can't connect to web sites at all with my mobile data.  I can go to Google but no further.  Has anyone found they are having a similar experience?  Would really appreciate any help as I don't know what to do.  Jill

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: nexus 7 works well on wifi but not on mobile data
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »
Welcome to the forums Jill. I have a WiFi only unit so unfortunately don't have an answer for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:20:17 AM »
Glad to have you Jill. I have the WiFi version as well, but from phone experience, I would suggest comparing your Nexus 7's mobile access to another device, like a smart phone at the same location and testing the Nexus 7 at various locations, noting the single strength, just for a start. Also you may want to have your mobile service provider, check the tablet at their location. Possibly, some members who have a Nexus 7 with mobile service will have some better suggestions.

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Jilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:07:46 AM »
Glad to have you Jill. I have the WiFi version as well, but from phone experience, I would suggest comparing your Nexus 7's mobile access to another device, like a smart phone at the same location and testing the Nexus 7 at various locations, noting the single strength, just for a start. Also you may want to have your mobile service provider, check the tablet at their location. Possibly, some members who have a Nexus 7 with mobile service will have some better suggestions.

Thank you for your reply S. Prime - I have other devices and the coverage on them is OK.  I can get onto Facebook with the Nexus 7 but it only loads some of the feeds and is very slow.  I have even done a clean and a defrag but that didn't help either.  I might have to check with my provider and see what they suggest.  Will let you know if I have some success.  Thanks again.

Offline Jilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23:50 PM »
Everything is working better than ever - I contacted my internet provider through 'live chat' and he told me to go into settings, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names.  There was 3 options and it was on the default setting.  He suggested that I change it to 'internet' and shut down the tablet then restart it again.  It worked and it is working better than it has ever done on mobile data.  Very Happy.  Thanks guys.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:05 PM »
Everything is working better than ever - I contacted my internet provider through 'live chat' and he told me to go into settings, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names.  There was 3 options and it was on the default setting.  He suggested that I change it to 'internet' and shut down the tablet then restart it again.  It worked and it is working better than it has ever done on mobile data.  Very Happy.  Thanks guys.

Thanks for reporting your success, Jill. Your experience could prove beneficial to other members.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman