March 29, 2024, 04:31:14 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Playing of home recorded video files on Nexus7  (Read 3385 times)

Offline DavidNavratil

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Playing of home recorded video files on Nexus7
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »
Newbie David here - I don't have a tablet yet and don't have any Android devices but Xmas is coming up!! I got some good response on reading EBooks on a Nexus7 now I have a question on Videos.  I record alot of movies off of TV (1940's to 1960's horror/sf) and turn them into AVI, MKV & MP4 files to watch again on the TV.  Will I be able to watch these movies (Mostly Black & White) on the Nexus7 and how will the quality look?  Tks for any response - David

Offline ctrlz

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Playing of home recorded video files on Nexus7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »
Newbie David here - I don't have a tablet yet and don't have any Android devices but Xmas is coming up!! I got some good response on reading EBooks on a Nexus7 now I have a question on Videos.  I record alot of movies off of TV (1940's to 1960's horror/sf) and turn them into AVI, MKV & MP4 files to watch again on the TV.  Will I be able to watch these movies (Mostly Black & White) on the Nexus7 and how will the quality look?  Tks for any response - David

David,
   Just browsed thru my files and they're all mp4's however all taken with my RAZR as well.   I wouldn't see why you would have any issues playing them.   The quality would depend on your end and what you're making them from right?   Get the scale for the device right and I would think they'd be fine.   
CtrlZ

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
David, the only video format that I have not been able to play on my Nexus 7 is mkv. Also I have not been disappointed with the quality.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:20:01 PM »
David, the only video format that I have not been able to play on my Nexus 7 is mkv. Also I have not been disappointed with the quality.

There are a lot of programs that will convert video files.  My favorite is Format Factory.  It converts video (including MKV), audio, and pictures.  It also rips DVDs and CDs.  The cost is $0.00.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline samuelwarren

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 02:30:53 AM »
I have used the Nexus 7 Video File Converter for a long time(it is from brorsoft). It works fine with high quality and I can freely set the video/audio parameters to get the ideal quality and effect. The most important is that I can transfer MKVs, AVIs to my N7 and smartphone S3 for viewing.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman