March 29, 2024, 05:28:24 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Screen problem  (Read 3747 times)

Offline ScornedNexus

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Screen problem
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
Hello All,
I ordered two Nexus 7 16g tablets on June 27. I recieved them July 19th. Both out of the box had the left side of the screen raised and when I took the battery cover off I could clearly see the screen detached from the frame and the lack of adheasive on the left side...

I decided to return them for a refund. I have many questions and concerens.
Is there a poll on here to see how many people had this problem?
Will Google admit to this problem and fix it?
I want to know when its fixed so I can have confidance to order two more...

I don't have confidance in Google or Asus right now...

I'm pretty miserable. The os is nice and the quad core is nice.
I had to take the tablet away from my mom and myslef to send back...
I am on an emotional rollercoster now and this is the experience I have had from Google thus far.

I am very unhappy.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Screen problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
Hi ScornedNexus,

We posted an article about this issue here: http://nexus7forum.com/index.php?topic=252.0

As far as we know while there have been scattered reports of this 'screen lifting' issue among new Nexus 7 owners it is a small minority of devices affected.  Probably it was one particular batch of devices made and Google is surely aware of the problem at this point.  I wouldn't let it get to you emotionally. It's very common when a new device comes out for their to be a few manufacturing issues that crop up in a few devices in the beginning.  It happens to virtually all companies and they usually quickly rectify the issues.  Asus is generally regarded as a superb hardware manufacturer so they're sure to be on top of things. 

bfm
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
Hello All,
I ordered two Nexus 7 16g tablets on June 27. I recieved them July 19th. Both out of the box had the left side of the screen raised and when I took the battery cover off I could clearly see the screen detached from the frame and the lack of adheasive on the left side...

I decided to return them for a refund. I have many questions and concerens.
Is there a poll on here to see how many people had this problem?
Will Google admit to this problem and fix it?
I want to know when its fixed so I can have confidance to order two more...

I don't have confidance in Google or Asus right now...

I'm pretty miserable. The os is nice and the quad core is nice.
I had to take the tablet away from my mom and myslef to send back...
I am on an emotional rollercoster now and this is the experience I have had from Google thus far.

I am very unhappy.

I'd give 'em one more chance SN.  After all,  most of us have NOT had any problems and the odds are in your favor that you'll receive 2 excellently assembled machines... but I feel your pain!

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline ScornedNexus

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
One of my concerns
I have 3 co-workers who have the nexus7 and one obviously has the problem. And two think theirs are fine. I played with them they have the problem although its not as pronounced. I think there are a lot of people that don't know they have the problem and or don't want to care because they love their device.

To me it’s the principle that the device comes fully assembled. Especially the human interface which is the screen. I am not interested in having a device that feels cheap and broken when I use it.

It’s so sad because I want it so bad. I feel terrible. I want Google to say they repaired them then I will order more.

Also I read that article...
I tightened the screws and that didn’t help there is adhesive missing... I clearly saw that it is.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:30:20 PM by ScornedNexus »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts