March 28, 2024, 02:37:47 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Two problems I haven't been able to resolve  (Read 2577 times)

Offline anken32

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Two problems I haven't been able to resolve
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
Hi, my N7 is rooted and has JB v. 4.3.  My laptop has Win7,64bit and I'm using Firefox, always updated.
Here is my question:  When N7 is connected to laptop via USB cable, most of content of my Nexus shows up in the Nexus Folder on my laptop. Gallery (for pic's) is not visible. I would like to remove all of it's content through the laptop and then start all over again adding my pictures via the laptop. I have done that in the past and it worked well.  I have looked through all of the folders on laptop/Nexus but can't find "Gallery"  Am I missing something?
Also, made my own folder and loaded a number of iTunes in it.  When I play them, they won't shut down, even when turning the Nexus off. The only way I'm able to do shut it off is to put it on "Pause" and then shut my Nexus down. Is there another way to do it?
So, my two problems are: Not being able to shut off the music in the Music Folder and not being able to see the Picture Gallery Folder in the content of my N7 on the laptop.
Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help and for this informative forum. Ann

JayJ

Re: Two problems I haven't been able to resolve
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
I can try and help with the picture issue. Firstly there is no folder called "Gallery" on the device. All pictures in with particular file extensions like .jpeg .png et cetera are displayed in the Gallery.
This means those pictures/photos could be anywhere on your N7's internal f file system. Check folders like Downloads or DCIM et cetera.

I would suggest you delete the pictures from the Gallery, open a folder and long press on a picture, then tap any other picture in that folder and then the trashcan at the top right of the screen.
To add new pictures from your PC, just create a folded called Pictures and then any sub-folders in that and copy and paste pictures from your PC into that our those folders.

Hope that helps with one if your problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:57:49 AM by JayJ »

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:04:38 AM »
Thank you , JayJ.
I found all the pictures I was looking for with your help. Created a separate folder for my pictures and I'm now using QuickPic.
Now I'm transferring the pictures from my laptop. For me it works much better than Picasa or Google Plus.
I appreciate your help very much!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
When you say ITunes,  what do you mean exactly? ITunes is an Apple program that runs/sells music, books, movies etc.. Do you mean mp3 or similar format music files? If so, what app are you using to play them. Music will play when you turn the screen off on most apps I know of. Is that what you mean? If anything is playing while your Nexus is powered off then that is just bizarre. Depending on the app, pausing or stopping and then backing out of the app usually works. If not, look up in your notification screen top left pull down and x it off there. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »
Thank you for your help,bjs229!
What I meant for ITunes is that I purchased some tunes from Apple iTunes and then transferred them to my Nexus.
They kept playing even after turning my N7 off. The only way I previously found to turn them off was to pause them and then turn the N7 off.
You are right! Pulling down the notification from the upper left corner works.  I'm glad to have finally gotten the answer.
Now all is working well.  Thank you!!!!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 10:32:24 PM »
Great news Anne!

Tapatalk Pro paid three times version.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters