April 18, 2024, 04:41:15 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Major Google Search/Now Update Rolls Out, Brings Waze, Movie & TV Recs, More  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

As many of you know already Google rolled out a major update (3.1.8 ) to the Google Search App over the past day that includes a host of new cards including new topics, website updates and what to watch.  There's also Waze traffic data and more.  Non-Nexus 5 devices like the Nexus 7 get access to the Google Experience Launcher (GEL) that previously was exclusive to the Nexus 5.  Finally there's added functionality to Google's voice search commands including occasional follow up questions to the user to clarify searches.  Pretty neat!  You can read more about the update in our forums or at the following links.

Google Search App
Google+
Slashgear
AndroidPolice

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Just received the update. Love new updates!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JayJ

This is the update that allows the Nexus 7 to have the Google Now integration the Nexus 5 has with its Google Experience Launcher.

I posted a guide for users on how to get the GE Launcher on our Nexus 7's here...

http://www.Nexus7Forum.com/index.php?topic=3192.0

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt